Roisin Moloney from Consumer Choice – Boiling Point
Roisin Moloney from Consumer Choice magazine writes about why consumers should upgrade their boiler and the benefits of having it serviced.
The main topics outlined in this article are:
- There is a difference between modern day boilers (90% efficiency) and those that are over 15 years old (70% efficiency). Upgrading your boiler could mean up to 25% savings on fuel costs for your boiler.
- Additionally, it could also mean that safety and reliability is improved and as a result, you don’t experience unexpected high costs every time your boiler breaks down.
- If your boiler is over 15 years old, don’t wait for it give out as it can result in a rushed job and cost you more compared to planning the replacement and having more time to research on this.
- If replacing your boiler, it would be best to opt for a condensing boiler as they are the most efficient of it’s kind and burn up less fuel and are generally cheaper to run.
- If you don’t feel like your boiler needs to be replaced, be at least sure to get it serviced annually, whether it’s old or new.
- Annual service conducted on your boiler can improve your boiler’s efficiency as high as 10%, saving you nearly €150 each year.
Why don’t you start saving costs today? We are currently running two special offers that you don’t want to miss! Get your:
Boiler serviced for just €79
Boiler replaced for €1,849